August was shockingly busy! It's still busy-ing! Let's do it!
So incredibly grateful! Whew!
Sound and Noise and Bodies happened 5 times at Theatre in the Round Players, with an additional backyard preview hosting by the Weinhagen-Zabel family. I honestly owe Levi (who directed the show), Laura (host and cheerleader), and Irene (cheerleader and awesome note-giver) so much.
The show was well-received* and a joy to do. So grateful to everyone who came out, who supported, who gave hugs. You're all amazing. Thank you!
I was also part of the creative and performance team for The Quiet Piggy, and it was a riot. HUGE CONGRATS, DAWN!!!
Adorable got together for Kate Button's show for that last Sunday, and suddenly, the 2026 Fringe zipped itself up and away.
NOT FRINGE?
Nudge went to Chicago! We performed at the Dramatic Improv Festival, and had a fantastic time. So many thank to Tony, the performers, the staff, the volunteers: just great! Thank you!
COMPAS sent me to the U of MN summer camp program, to run Make a Play with the littles, and Improv with the bigs. Delight!
I stupidly chose to try a new line of summer camp work during Fringe, which I didn't realize would quite how it would zap me. From what I can tell, music directing middle schoolers is either disappointing them or making them cry for 4.5 days, and then everyone is very happy after the 30 minute performance.
A related, unexpected. bummer surprise: my new poor eye sight can't handle dim light. Which makes playing somewhat complicated sheet music in darkened theaters difficult. :( :( :(
| Make a Play remains |
And now August has one and a half remaining weeks. I took off the work I could take off next week.
SEPTEMBER
Huh!
Mystery Café rises again! Alma Murder returns! Wild! We'll be at the Plymouth Playhouse starting September 9th. Tickets here!
Nudge returns to Open Eye! So excited! Our first monthly performance back is Tuesday September 15th, 7 p.m. show, tickets here!
Adorable is monthly at the Bryant Lake Bowl! Our first performance is Wednesday September 16th, 6 p.m. doors/7 p.m. show... Please join us! Tickets here!
Bring Your Kids! returns to our more-than-monthly schedule, performing at both Cadenza Music and the Bryant-Lake Bowl.
Penny and the Bandits will be at Colfax Fest, Saturday Sept. 12th at 12 p.m.. The corner of 46th St W and Colfax Ave S, Free Free Free!
I'm up at Improv A Go Go with The Unreliable Narrators, Sundays September 6th, 13th, and 27th. 7:30 p.m. show, Pay What You Like!
Still teaching at MusicLab. Very lucky.
Thank you all for all you do. You're dong great.
*We won a Golden Lanyard?!
No comments:
Post a Comment