Sunday, August 2, 2026

AUGUST AND FOREVER AFTER

Here we go! Happy Fringe season, team! I wrote a substack (two blogs? I know.) about Fringe last year, and happy to be here again. This year has been a fucking doozy (see this substack). The horrors persist and so do we. We hope. 

July has happened. Quickly. We visited family for a couple of weeks, and I then helped teach Rock Band Camp at MusicLab with the amazing Brian Just. My group covered Ozzy and Slayer, and created an original called "I Ate a Pigeon." They did so great; Crazy Train is just a sweet song by a goofy British man about wanting everyone all to just get along. Like Elton John with an agenda. The kids are alright. 

Tiny ironic punks.

August!

I'm in Fringe this year! It's a one-person storytelling and music thing. As incredibly kind theater blogger Matthew Everett put it, "it may have more genre tags in its description that it does details about the show itself". Levi Weinhagen directs. Again, so so grateful. 

I'd be truly honored for you to catch it. Let me know what you think. Also, will I barf? MAYBE. 

Sound and Noise And Bodies, details and tickets here

Ope!

I'm also playing a small part in The Quiet Piggy and Adorable performs for Kate Button's Storytelling Show on Sunday August 16th. 

Beyond Fringe, if we dare think in those terms... 

Bring Your Kids! will be at Cadenza Music, this Saturday August 1st, 2 p.m. show. Tickets here!

I'll be doing a couple of jobs through COMPAS and also music directing two YPC summer camps. And then somehow figure out what to do that first week of September. School doesn't start until September 8th and it makes me feel dizzy? It should be fine. 

Anyway, YOU'RE GREAT. Hoping your Fringe is beautiful, your August is lovely, and that your STATE FAIR SEED ART (just around the corner) is BRUTAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment