Monday, September 30, 2024

OCTOBER! A MONTH FOR ALL!

Tomorrow.. It's a beautiful month. 

Today's high is, like, mid80s... so we'll have snow for Halloween. 

September! All things started. 

School started! Both kids spent time sick, but seem to be generally OK with all of the changes. 

I started some programs for COMPAS with the Memory Café at Jewish Family and Children's Services and with Park View Day Program up in Buffalo. (Dear world, please know that the shiniest HyVee resides in Plymouth, MN AND NOW I'M DATING THE PLYMOUTH HYVEE. PROB'BLY GONNA MARRY IT.)

Classes started at HUGE and Strike

And planning started. Let us plan. 

I got to do a couple of wonderful one-offs: so many thanks to Mary Jo Pehl and her Garage for the Performing Arts! So many thanks to Sam for joining me! And so many thanks to Jim and Dennis of Tablesalt Productions, and letting me be a part of their "Love in the Time of Democracy" improv workshop. Just a dream. 

October... will be what it will be. 

HUGE closes at the end of this month. Going to teach there feels so.. tender, until the class actually starts. Then, it's just breathing and joy again. Still so sad. 

Bring Your Kids! will be at HUGE Saturday Oct. 12th at 4 p.m.... and then moving back to the Bryant Lake Bowl in November! This last show is stacked! Z Puppets Roseschnoz! Billy from the Jolly Pops! WHUT!? Tickets here! 

I get to play some original spooky songs at Melancholics Anonymous' S'More S'Melancholics: a Firelit Fundraiser on Saturday Oct. 19th at the Art House North in St Paul - - so excited!

I get to sing a song at Tablesalt Production's annual fundraiser on Wednesday Oct. 9th at the Black Forest Inn in Minneapolis. The theme is “Songs of POWER, PROTEST and JOY!" Lovely!

I turn 49 years on the 20th, which is the SAME DAY that Mike Birbiglia is performing in Minneapolis. My parasocial relationship continues, but in real time! I also (somehow) have tickets to Jay Jurden and Julio Torres!? GOOD LORD. (Also, Rita and I have tickets to be in the same room with children book author, artist, and Irishman Oliver Jeffers. This is honestly pretty lovely.) 

I also get to take a night fully off and go do a cabin thing. Just me and a ukulele. And maybe a drum machine. A book. A television program. WHO KNOWS. 

In news of THIS WAS THE 1990s, this movie turned 30?! years old. Priscilla Queen of the Desert (not without its problematic content, certainly.) was a family favorite. We were a Time Bandits family, a Northern Exposure family, a Newhart family, a Hill Street Blues family, and a Priscilla Queen of the Desert family. As my mom would say, "It's a neat flic." (Hugo Weaving! Guy Pearce! Terence Stamp! sigh.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment