Wednesday, September 11, 2024

I'll see you....

I've started this blog a couple of times. 

There's been some hard stuff: final decisions have been pushed through. HUGE Theater will close at the end of October. 

Not speaking for the whole community, but the folks I've connected with - - we're all in mourning. Stuck in the grief, AND so grateful for 2 more months of this very precious play space. In gratitude, and it's such a goddamn bummer. 

I keep telling myself, "This is the dirt... The flowers will grow." But oh man, we loved that dirt. Scrappy and lucky and we're all sad. 

August! 

 - Got to teach at HUGE's Summer Intensive and THEY WERE JUST INCREDIBLE! 

 - I played the Uptown Porchfest and it was goddamn dreamy. 

 - I was a guest at Pants on Fire at the Minnesota Fringe Festival. Congrats to Sarah!

 - I went to my 30th High School Reunion. #bwahahahahah I am grateful for the smart, funny, and kind humans who talked to me, were kind enough to have dinner together before, who bought me a shot, and 'am utterly impressed on how those old social strata are still at play. (I'm learning that maybe the culture of I went to high school in was a scooch toxic? In the 90s?! WHA???) To the gentleman who told me, "Hey! You aged great!"... that charmed the heck out of me. :) <3 

 - I got written about in my hometown paper! 

 - My family went to Duluth and it was dreamy. Oh Duluth, your lake eats ships and your mansion murders people, but boy, you are a lovely place to visit. 

And September is here!

 - Bring Your Kids returns on Saturday September 14th!

 - I'm part of an Improv Workshop called Love in the Time of Democracy for TableSalt Productions on September 25th. What guidelines for improv are also 

 - I'm teaching a Low and Slow improv workshop at Strike Theater on Wednesday September 18th! 

 - Teaching begins at Strike, HUGE, maybe Children's Theatre Company, and a couple COMPAS projects begin. 

 - And maybe some teen improv?! If you have a teen who's curious about improv, come join us! Classes starting in October!

 - I'll be singing songs as Penny and the Bandits (joined by the incredible Samantha Baker Harris) at Mary Jo Pehl's Garage for the Performing Arts on September 28th! Email maryjopehl//gmail for tickets! :) 

And now planning planning planning... Future thinking and throwing fishing lines. What's a good fit, what sticks? Move forward with love. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment