Monday, January 31, 2022

February 2022.. what is actually happening?

 Hi!

What is actually happening? We, honestly, actually, don't know. All support systems are sand dunes, and shoring up is not happening nor possible, it seems. 

Day by day is possible. Planning out is not. Everyone's tired. Everyone's struggling. Everything's hard. 

Also, don't live in Minnesota during a pandemic. As half of the year, it will be actively uncomfortable to be outside. 

As much as it's given me, I question this location on the regular. I am grateful and, removed from so many things that made it okay (Museums! Seeing friends! Performing! Indoor play spaces for all!), it's not great. AND MY SITUATION IS INCREDIBLY LUCKY. 

Also, here is my love song to childcare givers. Teachers, babysitters, those who find backup for you, those who bring you aid, those who check on you, unexpected, unasked.. whewwwwww. Thank you so!

How we doin'?

What is happening this February 2022? This, possibly. Again, everything's made of toothpicks and wood glue, and the wheels come off really easy. But this is what's on the calendar, and I'm lucky for it!

Teaching!

- Teaching for COMPAS over at FamilyMeans in Stillwater, and will start teaching at Walker Methodist in a couple of weeks! Woohoo!

- Classes at HUGE will hopefully start in a week or so. 

- Continuing to teach at Circus Juventas

- I'm subbing a couple of days at New City Charter again, this time in art with 5th and 6th graders.  

Performances! 

-  I'll be at Improv A Go Go with Jill Bernard's Unnamed Improv Project starting February 27th! 8 p.m. Sundays, HUGE Theater. 

- I'm doing a reading of Don Juan by Moliere, as produced by Maximum Verbosity, at Strike Theater

Back on my BS! 

- Penny and Bandits! I continue to put out music; right now, I'm working on cleaning up songs for release on Bandcamp and Soundcloud

It'd be more fun with live folk, and that's not really possible right now. So, 'grateful for magical digital musicians filling in. It's a similar vibe to using Adobe or Procreate vs. hand drawing or oil painting. Different tools for different times. All very cool, all very lucky.  

And YOU. 

If you have found yourself here, there's a very good chance that I miss the crap out of seeing your face and hearing your laugh. JEBUS.  I hope to see you soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment