Friday, December 2, 2022

DECEMBER OPE! HERE WE GO!

It's December 2nd, my loves. DECEMBER 2nd. The march of time is still a thing of WTF wonder. 

November!! 

 - The amazing clients at PRI performed Dracula's Midnight Diner and it was SO GOOD!!!! We are so incredibly proud. You should probably watch this reel. 

THEY DID SO GREAT! So many thanks to COMPAS for the opportunity, for Malia and Karla for the incredible artistry, and to everyone at PRI, with special love to Miranda and Rashon... WHEWWWW.. it was incredible. 

 - My memoir class down at Walker Highview Hills also had their sharing and DID SO GOOD! This was all within a week of each other. My heart can't take it. 


 - Was lucky enough to do a performance of Shalee Coleman's Re(Cover): The Campaign with the amazing Meghan Wolff. 

 - Also got to play with Matt Prindle and a group of stupidly funny improvisers in the insane form Drop Ship, which will live forever in my soul.  


 - Improvathon destroyed and built up our tiny community again: ADORABLE ADORABLE'd my heart (thank you so, Butch), and then my laptop and I did my first bit of solo music improv. 


(That's a whale god singing.)

 - And then, finally, got to play some ukulele songs at Mary Jo Pehl's Garage for the Performing Arts. And that was just about as lovely a night as one could ask for. 



 - I also finished Andor and had a panic attack during the prison break episode. What an amazing show, that cast that cast that cast... I LOVE IT. 

DECEMBER, YOU WEIRD MINX, WHAT'S HAPPENING? 

 - I taught a corporate workshop on listening for the Marsh McLennan Agency yesterday (at Lawless Distillery), and they were fantastic! So grateful for the opportunity!

 - Something Musical presents Nora Laura & Jen (with Kelly on keys!) Musical improv at Improv a Go Go, Sunday Dec. 4th, 11th, and 18th, 8 p.m. show. It's a manic manic dream. 

 - Give the Drummer Some returns! As part of Our Town's Snow Wizard series at Strike Theater! Saturday Dec. 10th, 7 p.m. show! Physical improv with a live percussion heartbeat. 

 - I'm playing Gigi's Cafe (on 36th & Bryant Ave S in Minneapolis) on Friday Dec. 16th 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. with Thor! I feel so lucky to live just blocks from Gigi's, and so grateful to Laura for curating a Neighborhood Showcase! Come for at least a hour of ukulele music and Thor, making beautiful nordic waltzes. YES. 

More will come in January, but please look at this poster I designed. I bought myself Photoshop again: it is the most active form of procrastination I can muster. Also, Nudge returns in January to HUGE! See what I did there?


Love!








No comments:

Post a Comment